Sustainability leaders face greater operating risks amidst global uncertainty and growing demands for transparency.
Impacts managers need consistent insights for business intelligence.
Leading organizations can respond and thrive in these conditions through better use of data.
Your initiative’s sustainability data assets are critical to your credibility and resilience. Are they furthering your mission or are data silos and blocked data pipelines creating barriers to data value?
Sustainability decision makers miss key insights from data because business process bottlenecks or missing data practices create data problems.
Learn how you can tackle data pain points to unlock the value of your data and enable the insights and transparency your stakeholders want.
How can data work better for you?
Sustainability leaders are aware of the potential that social and environmental data has to deliver greater impact. Yet the data that flows through business processes lacks solid pipelines to enable consistent insights that reach decision-makers. Worse, there is a broad range of valuable data external to the organization left unused because internal data management challenges consume staff time and other resources.
Low data value for sustainability initiatives is a barrier to sustainability impacts because there is confusion around data uses, responsibilities, and data sharing. Many organizations have turned to technology solutions without understanding how people, workflows, and technology come together. Without connecting these resources, organizations cannot effectively generate and get value from their data products and services. This leads to high data management costs: collecting data that goes unused, data debt and confusion for staff, data privacy exposure risk, and value chain stakeholder fatigue.
The solution to these challenges lies in good practices to manage data from its source to data product and service delivery.
Do you collect data that you do not use? Are you unclear about who has rights and responsibilities to make decisions with it? You likely spend significant resources managing data without deriving enough value from it. You could be violating data privacy regulation such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The ESG due diligence reporting legislation in the European Union is also on the horizon. It will require increased reporting on sustainability risks for companies and their direct and indirect value chain partners.
Our support can help you meet these operating realities. You will reduce data management costs while significantly increasing value from business processes and empowering staff to use data effectively. This will enable you to:
- create operational efficiency in collecting, using, and managing data.
- gain trust and confidence in your data across business units for insightful and strategic decision-making.
- close gaps in data privacy compliance such as in your legal agreements and data policies.
- offer transparency to your stakeholders through consistent, high-quality data products and services.
- enable data innovations in your business initiatives.
What we do
Services to Accelerate Sustainability Data Impacts for Data Managers and Decision-Makers
Our system to assess the impact and value from sustainability data was born from the challenges faced by sustainability initiatives to tell evidenced stories about impacts. It offers a clear set of steps and tools to find the areas where your data workflows are creating inefficiencies and high data management costs. The outcome is a clear set of actions and a roadmap to help you address sustainability data opportunities and challenges.
Advising for sustainability assurance
Data has become the lifeblood of assurance and operational excellence. Data pain points and opportunities are discovered by assessing the operational processes where people interact with technology and data to produce specific outputs. Our assurance advising support provides input to assurance system design, documentation, and stakeholder needs to ensure that operational processes are set up in a way that facilitate effective use of data. This support results in:
- Upgraded and nimble assurance processes that reflect today’s digital operating realities including digital data capture, agile data sharing, and data democratization across the value chain
- A solid foundation to enable operational effectiveness through a cohesive set of assurance documentation that considers data at its core
- Tools and steps to support data innovation and collaboration with other sustainability initiatives and programs
Sustainability data impacts check-up:
Our data impacts checkup is a quick assessment of how your data workflows harness the value of key data that anchor your objectives and desired impacts:
- Quickly pinpoint the top barriers to the flow of your most valuable data
- Discover concrete actions to unlock the barriers to high quality, consistent data for your core business processes and top initiatives
- Motivate and empower your staff by giving them tools they need to process and produce key data insights in reports and data services
Sustainability data impacts review:
Our sustainability data impacts review goes a step further by taking a deep dive into how your objectives, operational processes, people, and technology intersect to unlock data value. The review yields:
- A detailed roadmap of concrete actions to achieve good data practices [link to framework page with DG definition and description] and transparency in the use of your most important data
- Significant improvement in your confidence and trust to tackle data challenges and opportunities
- Reduction in data privacy risk exposure by achieving clarity in the business terms necessary for data use in your business relationships and contracts
Sustainability data impacts advising and implementation:
Many sustainability organizations have limited resources to put the systems in place needed to achieve high-quality data consistently over time. Our advising support takes the burden off data managers to apply the good practices that yield more agile and effective data products and services. This results in:
- More time for data managers to focus on strategy, oversight, and delivery of program impacts
- Clear systems, mapping, and tools you can use iteratively to deliver any data service or product to stakeholders
- Step-by-step support to augment the value of data arising from specific challenges
- Agile and confident data collaboration with other sustainability initiatives
Are you ready to use data to accelerate sustainability impacts?
To find out how we can support you, schedule a call to discuss your sustainability data goals and pain points.